+44 (0) 7805 065 607, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspiring games designer with a wealth of experience in a professional environment. Currently studying MA Digital Games Design and Theory at Brunel University.
Always looking for adventure in both the real world and various digital ones, I decided to pursue an MA in Digital Games Theory and Design after five years in the travel industry. During my years working for a prestigious Japanese travel agency, I learned communication and organisation skills that were vital for managing my portfolio of clients. While at Brunel, I was lucky enough to be able to apply both my work experiences and academic knowledge to making games, collaborating with my course mates on projects daily and enjoying the process of learning from one another. As an avid gamer and designer, I want to pursue a career in the games industry to be a part of making memorable experiences for future generations.
Nissin Travel Service (UK) Ltd August 2011 –
Senior Business Travel Consultant April 2016
Promoted from Business Travel Consultant.
Nissin Travel Service (UK) Ltd is an in-house travel agent based within Honda Motor Europe’s head office in Bracknell.
- Provided accurate, time efficient and cost effective travel arrangements
- Built rapport with clients and maintained business relationships
- Liaised with agents, hotels, airlines and other transport providers
- Responsible for training new members of staff
Pure Holiday Homes October 2010 –
Sales Executive July 2011
Pure Holiday Homes is one of the UK’s leading holiday rental websites.
- Generated new business through outbound telesales calls
- Established and developed positive client and business relationships
- Developed sales strategies to maximise profits
Brunel University 2016 – Graduate Sep 2017
MA Digital Games Design and Theory
Engaging in and experimenting with practical game design, focussing on the process of devising the gameplay experience itself, including (but not limited to) the creation of rules, gameplay mechanics, narrative, world design and user experience, among many other aspects that make up the art of game design. Coupled with a theoretical underpinning that focuses on the formal characteristics of games and analysis, as well as the social and cultural contexts that shape the development of games, players and society.
Middlesex University 2007 – 2010
BA International Tourism Management
First Class Honours
Modules in Marketing Theory and Practice, Consumer Behaviour, Events Management, Business Environment.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks and keep to deadlines
- Friendly personality that works well in a team environment
- Enthusiastic gamer with experience of a range of genres
- Microsoft Office Suite including Visio and Project
- Clickteam Fusion (Prototyping software)
VOLUNTEER WORK AND PUBLICATIONS
- Published article “Can co-op horror games ever be successful in creating fear?” in VideoBrains zine October 2016
- Voted Student Representative at Brunel University
- Attends regular videogame conferences and events, including VideoBrains, AdventureX, Comic Con, Hyper Japan and EGX Rezzed
- Participated in alpha playtesting for Scrolls (Mojang) and Faeria (Abrakam)
- Selected to attend Gamescom as part of the UKIE Student Sponsorship programme
- Interviewed by the BBC for their BBC Minute programme on E-sports in the Olympics
- Worked with EOB Esports Academy as an Esports coach, to help young people work towards a qualification backed by the Princes Trust
Lecturer in Games Design and Games Application
Brunel University London
College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
T +44 (0)1895 265696
151 Gaskell Building, Brunel University London,
Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, UK
Nissin Travel Services (Ltd)
C/O Honda Motor Europe
Cain Rd, Binfield, Bracknell RG12 1HL
T + 44 (0) 1753 595 729